10 Diffuser Blends for the Cold and Flu Season!
Essential oils are commonly used for stress relief and boosting our mood, sleep and energy levels. But did you know essential oils can also protect your home during the cold and flu season?
Diffusing antiviral and antibacterial oils throughout the cold and flu season can help to purify the air, combat germs and reduce the spread of bacteria. Certain essential oils can even help to alleviate symptoms like nasal congestion and fatigue. Keep reading for 10 of our favourite diffuser blends for the cold and flu season to try at home this winter!
Antiviral diffuser blends for cold and flu season
Antiviral and antibacterial essential oils like tea tree, clove, lemongrass, thyme and eucalyptus are ideal for purifying the air during cold and flu season. Use these diffuser blends to combat airborne germs and prevent the spread of bacteria:
- 5 drops tea tree + 2 drops lemongrass + 4 drops clove
- 1 drop cinnamon + 5 drops sweet orange + 4 drops ginger
- 2 drops eucalyptus + 2 drops thyme + 7 drops lemon
Diffuser blends for congestion
Feeling stuffy or blocked up with nasal congestion? Opt for essential oils that will open up your airways, loosen mucus, and provide a calming effect on coughs and sore throats. Some of the best essential oils for congestion include grapefruit, frankincense, peppermint and lemon. Breathe easy with these diffuser blend ideas:
- 4 drops cypress + 4 drops grapefruit + 2 drops frankincense
- 5 drops eucalyptus + 4 drops frankincense + 2 drops peppermint
- 4 drops lemon + 4 drops lavender + 3 drops peppermint
- 3 drops cedarwood + 3 drops lavender + 2 drops chamomile
Diffuser blends for fatigue
Getting back on your feet after a cold can be difficult. If you’re battling fatigue, drowsiness and headaches, opt for uplifting and energising essential oils to help you recharge. Some of the best essential oils to combat fatigue include peppermint, rosemary, grapefruit, lemongrass and bergamot. Improve focus and boost your energy levels with these stimulating blends:
- 1 drop peppermint + 2 drops basil + 2 drops rosemary + 4 drops grapefruit
- 2 drops lemongrass + 2 drops bergamot + 2 drops grapefruit
- 2 drops wild orange + 3 drops peppermint + 2 drops lemongrass
You can shop our full range of essential oils and diffusers online at Inspire Me Naturally, including our certified organic NATTo Australian tea tree oil. Don’t forget we have AfterPay, ZipPay and LayBuy available on all product purchases.
Want more health and wellness tips, product news and special offers? Don’t forget to sign up for our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter!