How to Detox with a Himalayan Salt Bath Soak!
by Janice FERGUSON on Sep 02, 2022
Soaking in Himalayan salt can help to relax your body, soothe sore muscles, and even promote better sleep. But did you know soaking in Himalayan bath salts can also have a powerful detoxifying effect?
We love soaking in Himalayan bath salts regularly, and wanted to share our favourite detox recipe with you here on the blog. Keep reading as we explain the benefits of soaking in Himalayan bath salts, and a DIY recipe you can try at home with just a few simple ingredients.
The Benefits of Soaking in Himalayan Salt
Himalayan salt is packed with over 84+ trace minerals including iron, calcium and potassium. So, it makes sense that soaking in Himalayan salt has some incredible benefits for our bodies!
- Relieving muscle aches and pains
- Relaxing your mind and body
- Assisting with better sleep
- Balancing the PH levels of your skin
- Assisting with eczema and psoriasis
Himalayan salt is also thought to have a natural detoxifying effect. Through the process of osmosis, our bodies absorb the rich minerals found in Himalayan salt, while simultaneously releasing any negative toxins.
How to Create a Detox Bath Soak with Himalayan Salt
Creating a detoxifying bath soak is as simple as adding Himalayan salt to a warm bath. However, we also like to include a few drops of essential oils for added rest and relaxation benefits. The addition of apple cider vinegar helps to restore the PH balance of your skin, while Epsom salts and baking soda aid in the detoxification process.
To create a Himalayan Salt Bath Detox, you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup fine Himalayan Bath Salt
- 1/4 cup Epsom Salt
- 1/3 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10 drops of your favourite essential oils (we recommend lavender for a calming effect)
- In a large jar or bowl, combine Himalayan salt, Epsom salt, and baking soda. Mix in hot or boiling water until the crystals dissolve.
- Fill your bath tub with warm water. Add apple cider vinegar and mix well. Mix in your salt mixture and stir.
- Add your essential oils and hop in!
Try to soak for at least 40 minutes to give your body enough time to remove all the toxins and absorb the minerals in the salts. Because of its powerful detoxification properties, we recommend using this soak only once or twice a week.
To avoid dehydration, sip on some iced water and use a cold washcloth on the back of your neck to regulate your temperate if you get too warm.
Remember that after a detox your body will most likely feel tired, and you may need to rest. Be sure to listen to your body’s cues and take things slowly after a detox bath soak.
Looking for more health and wellness tips, special offers and exclusive discounts? Sign up for our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter here!