How to Choose a High-Quality Himalayan Salt Lamp For Your Home!
by Janice FERGUSON on Mar 31, 2019
If you’re thinking about introducing a Himalayan salt lamp into your home, it’s so important to consider the quality of the lamp before making a purchase. Himalayan salt lamps are now readily available to purchase online, which can be tricky when it comes to checking out the lamp quality.
But, choosing a high-quality Himalayan salt lamp is essential if you really want to reap their benefits. So how can you choose a high-quality Himalayan salt lamp online (and avoid purchasing any fakes?).
Keep reading for our top tips on choosing a high-quality Himalayan salt lamp online, including some practical advice on what to look out for.
What is a Himalayan salt lamp?
Simply put, Himalayan salt lamps are natural chunks of ancient Himalayan salt, believed to have dated back to the Earth’s very origin. Himalayan salt lamps are chiselled in the centre to fit a small bulb, and when lit, emit a warm amber glow.
Why buy a Himalayan salt lamp?
We’ve spoken many times about the incredible benefits of Himalayan salt lamps for health and wellness. Their main benefits include:
- Being naturally hygroscopic, which means they attract pollutants and allergens from the surrounding environment and therefore cleanse and purify the air
- Assisting with allergies and respiratory problems
- Emitting negative ions and boosting mental clarity while helping to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Promoting better sleeping patterns and helping to relieve insomnia
Just to name a few!
How to choose a high-quality Himalayan salt lamp
So with this all being said, what should you be looking out for when shopping for your Himalayan salt lamp to ensure the quality is high?
Check the website of your supplier
If you’ve found a Himalayan salt supplier online, you should do a thorough check through their website before making a purchase. You’ll want to check things like:
- Do they state the origin of the Himalayan salt lamps as the Himalayas (including Pakistan?). If you can’t find this information, make sure you reach out to confirm.
- Do they offer bulbs and accessories for the salt lamps along with the lamps themselves? A reputable Himalayan salt lamp supplier should also stock Australian-compliant bulbs and leads to fit their lamps, for when a replacement is needed.
- Does the Himalayan salt lamp include a sturdy base? A high-quality lamp should be firmly attached to a base.
- Can you find testimonials and reviews online that testify to the quality of the products?
Ensure it’s not a fake
Unfortunately, there are many fake salt lamps now on the market due to their increased popularity. To ensure the quality of your salt lamp, it’s important to determine whether it’s the real deal or an imitation.
There are certain signs to look out for when shopping for a Himalayan salt lamp to ensure it’s not a fake, including moisture retention, pricing and brightness. You can check out our tips for spotting a fake Himalayan salt lamp on the blog to learn more about finding a genuine lamp.
Consider the appropriate size
Purchasing an appropriately sized salt lamp will also be key to the quality of the salt lamp and how it works in your home. Remember that the size of the salt crystal lamp and the conditions of the surrounding area will ultimately determine the radiant effect of a negative ion discharge. It’s important to choose a salt lamp that is large enough for its surrounding environment.
Ready to start shopping for a high-quality Himalayan salt lamp? Our range of natural and crafted Himalayan salt lamps, along with Australian-compliant bulbs and leads, are available to purchase online at Inspire Me Naturally with AfterPay and ZipPay available. Start shopping here to experience the benefits of Himalayan salt lamps in your home.
Looking for more health and wellness tips, special offers and exclusive discounts? Sign up for our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter here!