How to Choose an Essential Oil Diffuser!
by Janice FERGUSON on May 03, 2020
Essential oil diffusers are some of our most popular products here at Inspire Me Naturally. Using an essential oil diffuser is an easy and convenient way to enjoy the amazing benefits of aromatherapy at home. But with so many different makes and models out there, where do you begin with choosing the best essential oil diffuser for your needs?
Choosing an essential oil diffuser may feel overwhelming to begin with, but we’re here to help! Keep reading for our guide on exactly what to consider when buying an essential oil diffuser below.
What is an essential oil diffuser?
First things first - what is an essential oil diffuser, and how do they work? Essential oil diffusers allow you to experience the benefits of aromatherapy safely and conveniently through inhalation. Simply put, a diffuser works by dispersing your chosen essential oils into the surrounding air as a fine mist, ready for us to breathe and absorb into our bodies.
Many people use essential oil diffusers simply to create a beautiful fragrance throughout their home. However, you can also use specific essential oils to help improve your sleep, reduce stress, and boost focus and concentration!
What are the different kinds of essential oil diffusers?
Essential oil diffusers come in various designs, models and price points. You’ll want to consider the different features and benefits to help you find the right diffuser for your needs. The most popular device by far is an ultrasonic essential oil mist diffuser.
Ultrasonic diffusers are used with water, and generate electronic frequencies that break down essential oils into a fine mist. Ultrasonic diffusers also double as humidifiers and are perfectly suited for everyday use. Some features to look out for when choosing an ultrasonic essential oil diffuser include:
- Timer. Some diffusers will run continuously for up to 8 hours, while others have the option for shorter, more intense bursts. Choosing a diffuser with a timer feature allows you to control the intensity of your oils.
- Lighting. Many diffusers come with built-in lighting solutions which allows them to double as a soothing night light. If you’re planning on using your diffuser throughout the evening, consider one with built-in lighting options.
- Auto shut-off. A good diffuser should automatically switch off after the water has run out.
- Cleaning and maintenance. Opt for essential oil diffusers that are low-maintenance with minimal cleaning required.
- Size. Some ultrasonic diffusers are small and portable, while others are more sturdy. A small diffuser is great for your bedside table or office desk, while a large, sturdy diffuser could be more practical for your kitchen benchtop.
- Bluetooth and music. Some essential oil diffusers also double as bluetooth speakers, giving you great value for money.
- Physical appearance. There are many different diffuser “designs” to choose from, such as bamboo, glass and ceramic. Consider choosing a diffuser that will work well with your existing home decor!
Where can I buy essential oil diffusers online?
Looking for more health and wellness tips, special offers and exclusive discounts? Sign up for our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter here!