Why Diffuse Your Essential Oils?
by Janice FERGUSON on Aug 02, 2020
Essential oil diffusers are a must-have accessory for aromatherapy lovers. But aside from providing a beautiful fragrance, what are the actual benefits that come from diffusing your favourite oils?
If you’re just starting out with essential oils, keep reading as we explain exactly how diffusers work and some of their key benefits for health and wellness below.
How does an essential oil diffuser work?
A number of different methods can be used to experience the benefits of aromatherapy, such as topical application, massage and inhalation. When inhaled, essential oils can actually promote emotional and physiological reactions within the body. While essential oils can be inhaled directly from their bottles, an essential oil diffuser can be a more convenient and impactful way to reap their benefits.
So, how does an essential oil diffuser work? Simply put, an essential oil sprays your chosen essential oils through a pinhole using a high-pressure gust of air or water. This introduces a micro-fine vapour mist into your surrounding environment.
Essential oil diffusers are available in a range of sizes to suit your requirements. When choosing an essential oil diffuser, you’ll want to think about the space where it will be located. For example, a small USB diffuser is ideal for an office desk, while a large diffuser can cover a range of 300 square feet!
What are the benefits of diffusing your essential oils?Diffusing essential oils allows you to experience the benefits of aromatherapy conveniently through inhalation. Depending on the oils you choose, a diffuser can be used to soothe, uplift, stimulate, balance and calm your mood. By diffusing essential oils directly into the air we breathe, we can actually influence the feeling of our surrounding environment. You can use your diffuser for a range of different wellness situations, such as:
- Stress relief: If you work in a high-pressure environment, a diffuser filled with lavender oil will help to relieve stress and create a soothing, calming space.
- Better sleep: Oils like lavender, chamomile and cedarwood can be diffused to prepare your body for bed and promote a deeper, more restful sleep.
- Focus and productivity: Peppermint oil is ideal for learning environments or workspaces. Diffusing this refreshing oil can help you stay more alert, focused and productive throughout the day.
- Ease congestion: Diffusing tea tree oil can promote clear breathing and lung health, while lemon oil helps to purify the air and relieve congestion.
- Support immunity: Diffusing oils that have antibacterial and antiviral properties (such as tea tree oil, oregano, lemon and clove) can help to support a healthy immune system.
- Improve your mood: Uplifting oils like wild orange, lemon and grapefruit can help to combat fatigue and boost your mood and energy levels.
Where to buy essential oil diffusers online?
You can shop our full range of essential oil diffusers online here at Inspire Me Naturally, with AfterPay, ZipPay, LayBuy and LatitudePay available on all purchases.
Looking for more health and wellness tips, special offers and exclusive discounts? Sign up for our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter here!