Himalayan Salt vs Table Salt: Why you should make the switch!
As humans, we need salt in our bodies to survive. Salt helps our bodies maintain the right fluid balance, transmit nerve impulses, and contract and relax our muscles. We don’t produce salt naturally, so it’s something that we need to feed our bodies to help us function.
But not all salt is created equally, so it’s important to be mindful of what we put into our bodies and how we think about salt.
Why is table salt unhealthy?
Table salt is the salt most commonly found in household cupboards, but it’s also the most heavily processed, and the most unhealthy!
Because of the way table salt is processed, all of the essential minerals are stripped away. What you’re left with is sodium chloride, but none of the nutrients to balance it out! This makes it so much easier for people to consume an unhealthy level of salt, due to the higher proportion of sodium. Too much salt can lead to high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and even stomach cancer.
This is where Himalayan pink salt comes in!
What is Himalayan Salt?
Himalayan salt is the purest salt on earth. Sourced directly from the Himalayan mountains, this all-natural salt is unprocessed and retains all of it’s essential minerals – 84 of them to be exact!
Himalayan salt consists of 85% sodium, and the remaining 15% is jam-packed full with minerals like Iodine, potassium, magnesium and calcium. These important minerals help our bodies thrive and balance out the sodium levels, meaning there is a lower risk of consuming an unhealthy amount of salt.
What are the health benefits of Himalayan salt?
This nutrient-rich natural salt has an amazing number of health benefits that should make it pretty easy for you to make the switch. These benefits include:
*Balancing PH levels in the body
*Preventing muscle cramping
*Lowering blood pressure
*Helping the intestines absorb nutrients
*And even supporting your libido!
How to make the switch to Himalayan salt
Just because Himalayan salt is sourced from the Himalayan mountains, it doesn’t mean you need to trek to Nepal just to access it. Himalayan salt is readily available right here in Australia, so it couldn’t be easier to make the switch!
Once you have introduced Himalayan salt into your household, just use it in exactly the same way you would use table salt. It’s a direct substitution!
Have we convinced you yet?
Making the switch from table salt to Himalayan salt is really a no-brainer when it comes to healthy, happy households. We have a wide range of Himalayan salt products that you can check out here.
So what are you waiting for Start exploring the health benefits of Himalayan salt today – you’ll never go back!
Ps – are you signed up to our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter? Be the first to know about our exclusive discounts, upcoming sales and tips and tricks on leading a healthier and happier life. Click here to sign up!