Natural remedies for better skin!
Skin problems driving you crazy? Tired of spending money on expensive treatments? Want to help heal your skin the natural way? Well – have we got a few tips and tricks up our sleeves for you!
It’s so important to take care of our skin, so that our skin can take care of us right back. Our skin protects our internal organs and tissues from exposure to the environment and fungal, bacterial, and other types of infection. It helps regulate body heat and helps prevent evaporation of water from the body. The skin also carries nerve endings that allow the body to sense touch, heat and pain. (Modern Essentials, 7th Edition)
USING ESSENTIAL OILS FOR BETTER SKIN
Our skin responds best to natural products, and one of our favourite natural remedies would have to be essential oils!
Some of the best essential oils renowned for targeting skin conditions include:
- Peppermint (dilution necessary)
- Balance (grounding blend)
- Ylang ylang
- Marjoram (dilute for sensitive skin)
How to apply:
- Apply 1-2 drops of oil on the location of troubled skin (check if your chosen oil is safe for direct application as some oils require a carrier oil to dilute!)
- Add 5-10 drops of oil to 2 tablespoons of fractionated coconut oil, and use as a massage oil
- Add 1 drop of essential oil to 1 teaspoon of unscented lotion and moisturise into skin
- Apply 1-2 drops to 1 tablespoon of bath or shower gel, and apply to the skin.
USING HIMALAYAN SALT FOR BETTER SKIN
Himalayan salts are another natural remedy that can be extremely beneficial for our skin! Himalayan salts are the cleanest salts available on our planet. Regular consumption of Himalayan Salt provides your body with natural minerals and natural energy. Himalayan salts balance the fluids in your body, support nutrients and eliminate toxins.
Some of the minerals found in Himalayan salts that promote skin health are:
Chromium: Helps to fights acne and reduce the risk of infections.
Zinc: Know for tissue-healing properties and can also assist with preventing scarring and healing wound marks. Zinc helps to balance the activity of the oil glands in our skin, which helps prevent blemishes and promotes clearer skin.
Iodine: Increases oxygen and the metabolic rate of the skin, in turn helping to heal skin infections.
Sulfur: Promotes clear and smooth skin. Sulfur deficiencies can often cause eczema, rashes, acne and other undesirable skin conditions. keeps skin clear and smooth.
How to apply:
- Add 50g of Himalayan salt in 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil and gently massage into skin.
- Add 1-2 cups of Himalayan bath salts to a bath tub (or 1 cup for a warm foot bath) and let soak in the salty water for 20 to 30 minutes. Do this at least once a week for best results. You can also add the above Doterra Essential Oils to enhance and speed up the process of treatment.
- Create a homemade salt scrub – check out some of our favourite recipes here!
Take care of your skin the natural way and start experiencing the great results for yourself. Stay posted for our next blog for more helpful tips to promote health and well-being, the natural way!