Why Diffuse Your Essential Oils?
If you’re currently exploring the benefits of essential oils and aromatherapy, you’ve probably heard about essential oil diffusers. But what exactly are the benefits that come from diffusing your oils?
Keep reading as we explain how diffusers actually work, and the key reasons to consider diffusing your oils for best results.
What is an essential oil diffuser?
Most essential oils can be applied topically or inhaled aromatically. While you can inhale your essential oils directly from the bottle, an essential oil diffuser works by spraying the oils through a pinhole with a high-pressure gust of air or water. This maximises the impact of your essential oils by introducing a micro-fine vapour mist into your surrounding environment.
Diffusers are available in a range of sizes to suit your own requirements. For example, a small USB diffuser is ideal for an office desk, while a large diffuser can cover a range of 300 square feet!
What are the benefits of diffusing your essential oils?
Diffusing essential oils allows you to experience the benefits of aromatherapy conveniently through inhalation. Different oils promote different emotional and physiological reactions within the body. They can be used to soothe, uplift, stimulate, balance and calm. By diffusing essential oils directly into the air we breathe, we can actually influence the feeling of our surrounding environment.
You can use your diffuser for a range of different wellness needs, such as:
- Stress relief: If you work in a high-pressure environment, a diffuser filled with lavender oil will help to relieve stress and create a soothing, calming space.
- Better sleep: Oils like lavender, chamomile and cedarwood can be diffused to prepare your body for bed and promote a deeper, more restful sleep.
- Focus and productivity: Peppermint oil is ideal for learning environments or workspaces. Diffusing this refreshing oil can help you stay more alert, focused and productive throughout the day.
- Ease congestion: Diffusing tea tree oil can promote clear breathing and lung health, while lemon oil helps to purify the air and relieve congestion.
- Boost immunity: Diffusing oils that have antibacterial and antiviral properties (such as tea tree oil, oregano, lemon and clove) can help to boost your immune system during cold and flu season.
- Improve your mood: Uplifting oils like wild orange, lemon and grapefruit can help to combat fatigue and boost your mood and energy levels.
You can shop our full range of essential oil diffusers online here at Inspire Me Naturally. We’ve also put together our top tips on choosing the right essential oil diffuser for your home.
Want more health and wellness tips, product news and special offers? Don’t forget to sign up for our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter!