How to Keep a Daily Journal!
by Janice Smart on May 29, 2022
Journaling is a wonderful habit to incorporate into your daily routine. From improving your mood to providing mental clarity, there are several benefits to keeping a consistent journal. But, if you’ve never written in a journal before, it can feel a little daunting!
Keep reading as we share a beginners guide to keeping a daily journal, along with some thoughtful journaling prompts to inspire you.
Journaling has been shown to provide countless benefits for our mental health and wellbeing.
Sharing your thoughts and feelings inside a journal consistently can help you:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve your mood
- Learn more about yourself and the inner workings of your mind
- Organise your thoughts
- Provide peace and mental clarity
- Keep your memory sharp
- Promote feelings of gratitude and happiness
- Feel creative and inspired
Just to name a few!
How to Keep a Daily Journal
Journaling can look different for everyone - but if you’re just starting out, consider these tips:
Set time aside each day to journal. Consistency will help you get the most out of your journaling practice. See where you can carve out 5 minutes a day to journal depending on your schedule. This could be first thing in the morning, during your lunch break, or before bed. If you have time, you can also set the mood with candles, essential oils, music or crystals.
Share from the heart. There are no rules when it comes to filling out your journal. You can share your current worries, goals for the future, or things you want to manifest. You might want to use your journal to recap your day, or set some intentions for the day ahead. Go with the flow, and jot down whatever comes into your head.
Use journal prompts. If you don’t feel comfortable filling out a blank page, you can use journal prompts and questions to inspire your writing. Check out our journaling prompts below for some ideas.
- Share your gratitudes. If you want to keep things really simple, you might decide to write 3 things you’re grateful for each day. These can be big things (such as your health, or having a roof over your head) or small things (like finding a great parking spot!). Practicing gratitude is shown to increase your overall happiness and wellbeing.
Journaling Prompts for Beginners
Feel free to use these journal prompts to get the inspiration flowing!
- How do I feel right now?
- How do I want to feel today?
- What am I currently grateful for?
- What was my biggest lesson today/this week/this month?
- What was my biggest achievement today?
- What was my biggest challenge today?
- Where do I want to improve in my life?
- Where do I want to be this time next year? In 5 years? 10 years?
- What is my ideal day?
- 3 things that bring me the most joy are…
- 3 people who bring me the most joy are…
- What changes do I need to make in my life to feel happier and more fulfilled?
- What is my biggest worry or concern right now?
- Where do I need to set boundaries in my life right now?
- What do I need more of in my life right now?
- I feel most loved when…
- When I am alone I feel…
- I need to be honest about…
Shop Journals, Books and Cards
We have a beautiful range of journals, books and affirmation cards right here at Inspire Me Naturally!Looking for more health and wellness tips, special offers and exclusive discounts? Sign up for our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter here!