How to Unblock Your Chakras!
by Janice Smart on Jul 04, 2022
Chakras play an essential role in the flow of energy in our bodies. If you’ve heard of the 7 chakras, you’ve probably learned that it’s vital to keep our chakras unblocked in order to promote good energy flow.
However, sometimes our chakras can become blocked, which can affect our physical and emotional wellbeing. Keep reading as we shine a light on the best ways to unblock your chakras and improve your energy flow below.
What are the 7 chakras?
The word “chakra” translates to "wheel" in Sanskrit, and refers to the energy centres in our body. Think of your chakras as wheels of spinning energy that correspond to our major nerve bundles and organs.
There are 7 main chakras that run along your spine, starting at the crown of your head and extending through to the root of your spine:
Root chakra: Located at the base of your spine, responsible for your sense of safety and security.
Sacral chakra: Located just below your belly button, responsible for your sexual and creative energy.
Solar plexus chakra: Located in your stomach, responsible for your confidence and self esteem.
Heart chakra: Located near your heart, responsible for your ability to love and show compassion.
Throat chakra: Located in your throat, responsible for your ability to communicate verbally.
Third eye chakra: Located between your eyes, responsible for your intuition and imagination.
Crown chakra: Located at the top of your head, represents spiritual connection to yourself and the universe.
When your chakras are flowing freely, you will feel stable, grounded and confident. But sometimes, our chakras can become blocked.
How to know if your chakras are blocked
Our chakras may become blocked due to emotional turmoil - for example, a relationship breakdown, personal loss or other stressful incidents.
A blocked chakra typically leaves you feeling sluggish, slow and inflexible. You may feel imbalances in your physical and emotional health, and even feel unsafe or threatened.
How to unblock your chakras
There are a few simple remedies you can try to help unblock your chakras and promote good energy flow.
- Try tapping. The practice of tapping (otherwise known as EFT) is when you use your fingertips to tap on certain meridian points throughout your body. This is thought to help you let go of negative emotions that may be blocking your chakras.
- Meditate. Meditation can often bring clarity of mind which also assists with unblocking your chakras. Try to find a quiet space, clear your mind and focus on taking slow, deep breaths. You may want to sit in silence, listen to music or follow a guided meditation.
- Do yoga. Try poses like Mountain Pose, Warrior Pose and Humble Warrior Pose to help you unblock and open up your chakras. At the end of your yoga session, try reciting positive mantras. Mantras can act as a form of sound healing, helping to restore your energy flow.
- Use essential oils. Certain essential oils are thought to assist with unblocking chakras. Lavender oil in particular is thought to be nourishing for all 7 chakras.
- Get outside. One of the best ways to unblock your chakras is simply to get outside and immerse yourself in nature. Try hiking outdoors, swimming in the ocean or standing by a waterfall.
Looking for more health and wellness tips, special offers and exclusive discounts? Sign up for our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter here!